Saturday, March 14, 2009

I WONDER...

I wonder,when a butterfly leaves the safety of its cocoon,does it know how beautiful it has become?Or does it still see itself as a caterpiller?

I wonder,why i’m so full of these endless thoughts,about the way i feel inside and why i cant ever get it right?

I wonder, if I can make anyone understand and there be no reason to think twice?

I wonder, if i changed, would my heart still race or would it march to a new beat?

I wonder, if i suddenly went blind, would you look in to my eyes?

I wonder what happens when i grow old and all my stories have been told?

I wonder why i wonder? I wonder to understand life.

The question is not when will we die, but how will we live? Think, how do you see yourself? All the struggles you’ve had and overcome, all the situations you’ve faced are somehow different than anyone else. Perhaps I’m a caterpillar who doesn’t realize that I am a beautiful butterfly. To live is not to understand life, but understand yourself. Life is not objective it is subjective. You’ve probabaly heard it before, but life is what you make it. Sometimes the things we can’t change, end up changing us. There are so many things to wonder, there must be more to life. God, religion, self, identity, love, hate, future and past. These are things to wonder.

I wonder, can I make something of this life?

Why can my mind never quite grasp the true essence of things? How is it that people are capable of treating each other so cruelly? And what is the ultimate way to become happy? Is happiness even a possible constant?

Sometimes I think about the story of the blind men who touch different parts of an elephant and say what they think it is, “a horse,” “a couch,” “a tree” – without realizing that they are only looking at a part of the whole, and that they are incorrect. 

I often feel like one of those blind men. When I feel like I’ve got a grasp on things, I start to worry that maybe I’m just full of it and am really missing the larger picture of life – so I’m not really getting anything, and I’m not going anywhere.

And is it just me, or do some people really not care about understanding life as long as their immediate needs get satisfied? Because that truly baffles me, I just can’t imagine being satisfied that simply and sometimes, I wish I could.......

No comments: